This demo will showcase how a Youtube flash video can be integrated into Popcorn. This is done by making the flash video masquerade as HTML 5 video.
Due to the Flash security model, this demo must be run from a web server
From 5 to 40 seconds, the footnote 'The video is "RiP: A Remix Manifesto", by Brett Gaylor' will appear below 'Footnote Area'.
Youtube does support their player to be chromeless (hidden controls), but their controls are left in to provide richer interaction.
Custom controls have been developed and tied into their player for this demo.
Clicking play/pause or seeking in either the video or via custom controls will cause the other to update.
The video can be specified in the HTML source by giving the youtube web site url (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIDEOID) to either Popcorn.youtube or as the div src attribute.
- From 5 to 40 seconds, the footnote 'The video is "RiP: A Remix Manifesto", by Brett Gaylor' will appear below 'Footnote Area'.
- From 20 to 40 seconds, the a flickr stream of 8 images tagged 'georgia' will appear below 'Flickr Area'.
- From 20 to 45 seconds, tweets tagged #oilspill will appear below 'Twitter Area'.
- From 5 to 60 seconds, the Creative Commons license will appear below 'Attributions Area'.
- From 5 to 15 seconds, the Mozilla Drumbeat logo will appear below 'Image Area'.
- From 5 to 15 seconds, the subtitle 'This is overlaid on top of the video. You can hightlight it!' will appear in front of the video.
- From 0 to 20 seconds, blogs from 'http://zenit.senecac.on.ca/~chris.tyler/planet/rss20.xml' will appear below 'Google Feed Area'.
- From 0 to 15 seconds, the site 'http://webmademovies.org/' will appear below 'Web Page Area'.